WALK AROUND

FIND WHAT YOU NEED IN THE AREA

On the outskirts of South Pelion, lies Lafkos village. The harmony of man and landscape, this concordance between them, is the powerful attraction of Pelion. The Aegean coasts, either clear-cut and rocky or sandy, sometimes rough and dangerous and sometimes calm, but always so exciting. They are perfectly complemented by the green steep slopes with the luxuriant vegetation which ends up to these coasts.

On the other side, Pagasetic gulf shapes a big hug, surrounded by tender curvilinear slopes and olive trees almost entering the sea.

The combination of mountain and sea, the natural landscape dressed with every season’s colours, blue waters and stone paths make Lafkos an ideal destination throughout the year.

Around Us

Fabio museum

The museum is located on the old Primary School of Lafkos. Founded in 2005, in honor of the artist Thanasis Fabas (1922-2011) His line of work consisted of mainly paintings, influenced by archaic austerity and Byzantine hagiography where the female figure dominates. He has edited book covers for by G. Ritsos, M. Lountemis, H. Lefousis, I. Tsatsou as well as classical music album covers. In the hall of the Museum you can find 60 exhibited paintings and 8 statues (made of white marble of Pelion), which are a donation of the artist himself.

READ MORE
Around Us

Radio museum

On the very edge of Lafkos , the "Antonis Tavanis" Radio Museum is found. It is housed in a stone two-storey mansion built in 1890, which was awarded for 7 years by the painter Magda Karastathi at the Cultural Association of Lafkos "The Action". The Museum was inaugurated in 2008 with the help of the City of Athens and right now hosts the Radio Collection of the German professor of mechanical engineering and philhellene Wilfried Shoeps. It is the first Radio Museum in Greece and honors the name of the architect and sculptor Antonis Tavanis. Approximately 120 radios (from 1917 to 1960), from the Collection 's 1200 (changing every four months), informational, photographic material and period posters are exhibited at the Museum.

READ MORE
Around Us

Oldest traditional cafe

The traditional café of Emmanuel Forlidas, is located in the main square of the village famous for the giant shady plane trees. The cafe was founded in 1785 and since then it has never been closed, with seven generations of the Forlida family going through all the success. Hiding from the sun, but with strange bands of light from the small windows, a floor of old cement mortar & a ceiling that bore the burden of the history of 242 years. Old walnut chairs, tables with Pelion marbles and in the middle the wood stove. The café used to be a barber shop, a butcher, a tavern before turned into the cafe.

READ MORE